Toronto based web developer
Hi! I'm Julian Lord, a web developer based out of the Toronto area. I'm currently a front-end web developer at Keek, a video based microblogging service. I've worked on a variety of projects, from client based projects at agencies such as TC Media and Nurun, as well as product based companies like Keek and Jugnoo. In addition, I have a Bachelor of Commerce in Business Technology Management, which gives me a great knowledge of the business side of the tech industry.
I have over three years of experience as a front-end developer creating high quality solutions for a variety of clients. In that time, I've developed:
- Media rich sites with image galleries, blogs, and animations
- HTML Layer for a Flash based contest site, driven by a modal framework using AJAX
- Mobile websites including a site for a large grocery chain that included Google Maps integration and media section
- Components and features for two social networking related products
- HTML 5
- Mobile front-end development
- MS SQL
- ASP.NET 3.5 and 4.0
- ASP.NET MVC 2 and 3
- Web Forms
- Version control tools (GIT, SVN)
- Experience with social network APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Keek)
- Issue and project tracking tools (JIRA, Redmine, Mantis, Basecamp)
- Photoshop, Illustrator
Samples of My Work
Developed a browser based client for the Keek Messenger service from the ground up using a modified Backbone application structure. You'll need an account to use the messenger, but here are some screenshots of its design as of August 2013 (screenshot 1 screenshot 2 screenshot 3). Code samples are available upon request.
Implemented a complete redesign of the Keek homepage, including a jQuery image slider and tab interface.
Implemented a new header navigation bar for the Keek website. It is fixed to the top of the page while scrolling, and it is also resized responsively while shrinking the window. I was responsible for designing and implementing the responsive states of the header, including CSS transitions on resized elements.
An indepth stats page for users, using the Highcharts library for graphs and custom built tables for other data.
A mobile site for Sobeys promoting a new line of concept stores. The site contains a Departments section with numerous articles and how-to videos showing customers how to select and pair food items.
For inquiries or an updated list of my work, please contact me at email@example.com